Thursday, October 13, 2005

Blogginaugeration

After excessive and obsessive contemplation I finally decided to start my blog on this dreary, 10-degree-day in October. Characteristic of the overly-cautious Virgo that I am it took me the equivalent of forever to decide what to call my space. I'm truly hopeless!

I've been stressed out all week in anticipation of the talk I want to have with my boss about a raise. She and I just aren't the best of friends so this isn't going to be easy but I know I deserve it and need to remind myself of that. I was so going to do it yesterday but she hung up with me quite abruptly so I didn't have time. I told myself that today would be the day but she called me this morning and told me she wasn't feeling well. Damn. I can hardly bring up such a sensitive topic now, can I? I really don't want to wait until next week otherwise I may never do it so tomorrow will have to be the day. Gulp.

Kay wants to try "speed dating" and wants me to come along. It does sound entertaining but I'm not sure I can do it - I start giggling like a fool every time we talk about it. The next event is only a little over a week away. I will probably go, if only for the experience. I have little to no expectations for the evening except to have fun and maybe a few laughs in the process. Kay's also told me about a party this w/e on the Plateau. Haven't been to a house party in ages so should be cool. This has been an unprecedented year of adventure and change and growth for me and I couldn't be happier about it.

No real plans tonight. It's raining and the forecast calls for rain straight on through till next week. Ugh. Maybe go to Kim's for dinner tonight and after that who knows...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home