Friday, October 14, 2005

A Step in the Right Direction

OK, so I was all ready to send my boss an email when she called me for input into our employee satisfaction survey. I tried to be as honest as I could without shooting myself in the foot. Then I took the opportunity to launch into my rehearsed speech about wanting a raise. Surprisingly she reacted very positively telling me that she was glad I mentioned it and that she was going to talk to HR about it. I was happy but at the same time she makes it seem like it's totally in HR's hands and that her role is of "messenger" when in reality she totally has the ability to make it happen. I am hoping she'll have good news for me next week. At least I spoke to her about it, a step in the right direction, etc. etc., which I hope shows some initiative on my part. We'll see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home