Sunday, October 16, 2005

Party's Over

Sigh, almost Monday again. Last night's Plateau party was alright, though seriously lacking in heterosexual bachelors. I was absolutely amazed by the "condo" though you can hardly call it that as it is well over 2000 square feet. The interior was completely renoved and ultra modern. The owner of the upstairs condo even showed us around his place, which was even more spectacular. I imagine the space alone cost upwards of $300K not including renovations. How nice to be live in such an old neighborhood and still have such modern interiors. Gorgeous. I hope to be able to afford something like that one day (yeah right). Both home owners are 35 so I've got a few years to catch up (not that I'm complaining - my 800 square foot condo continues to be my pride and joy). One of them was a corporate lawyer.

Speaking of careers...I think I will go back to school and do a certificate in Human Resources at McGill U. I will forever regret that I didn't choose that as my major instead of Marketing. Back then I thought I wanted to go into advertising (ugh) and marketing seemed like the right choice. I guess I've always known I am more suited to HR. The problem is that I've more than 6 year of marketing experience at this point and 0 years of generalist HR experience. I may just have to start at the bottom. Val says that she's sure I'll quickly be promoted but I'm not sure I'll be willing to take the pay cut...I really feel as though it's the right thing to do though.

It's the Age of Aquarius and change is imminent for everyone. I am definitely starting to feel like the Ascendent-Aquarius that I am. They say that you only start behaving more like your rising sign as you approach the age of 30 so I'm not surprised that I'm starting to feel and behave so differently than my usual self. This has been a really good thing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home