Wednesday, December 28, 2005

About A Boy

I'm being so lazy, ya'll. I've been unofficially on vacation since Dec. 19, and officially on vacation until Jan. 5. Before you know it the holidays will be over and I'll have the rest of next year stretching infinitely before me. But maybe the next couple weeks/months won't be so bad, hmm?

Indeed my mind has been preoccupied with (happy) thoughts of The Boy recently. We met for the first time last week and then (long story) actually spent Christmas Eve together, which wasn't strange at all, only strangely comforting. We were both supposed to be out of town but ended up staying in together. It was more than a lovely time. We have such a rapport, it's like we've known one another for years even though we barely just met. He often articulates my exact thoughts. It's uncanny and unsettling but quite profound.

This is unlike anything I've experienced before. It feels slower, more deliberate, less frenetic, but more grounded. For once I'm not foolishly looking far into the future. I don't even have to remind myself not to, it just doesn't seem fitting. It feels more natural to just savour each moment and look forward to tomorrow. I don't know how long he'll be in my life but I'm sure I'm going to enjoy the ride. I couldn't have asked for a better way to end the year.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Cat, I'm so happy for you. Sounds wonderful.

Happy New Year! Hope 2006 brings you lots of good things!

12/30/2005 1:31 PM  
Blogger slurp! said...

Cat,
That's really a rare & wonderful find and I'm glad you 're cherishing every moment of it.

Belated Christmas & New year greetings. Wishing you TONS of happiness, laughters & health in 2006.

May you finally find the ONE soon. hmm ... pls ignore if you still refer to remain single at the moment :P

cheers!

1/05/2006 4:38 AM  
Blogger Cat said...

Thanks for the well wishes, guys :) Of course whether this relationship will flourish or flounder depends on whether I surrender to my neuroses!!

1/05/2006 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home