Saturday, March 11, 2006

You Had Me At Hello

Sandy came over last night with her friend Deb, whom I'd never met before. I'd guess Deb to be no shorter than 5'8, probably a size 12, and about average in the looks department but you'd never guess it by the way she carried herself. This woman was very confident and all (mostly male) eyes were on her as she strutted down the street. Her particular style kind of screamed Cheap Slut to me but it wasn't her style I admired but her assuredness. It put my own body-image issues into perspective.

As I was locking up my place so we could go for supper I heard some words being exchanged a few feet away. Turns out Deb had seen Penthouse Adonis, the guy upstairs who's married to my secret crush, as he was going into the building and had said 'Hi' to him. "And did he say hi back?" I asked, taken slightly aback by her boldness. Sandy said that he'd not only said hi he'd stopped in his tracks and given Deb a good look first.

Saying hi. To a total stranger. That you think is cute. I was impressed, especially since just earlier that afternoon I'd had A Moment with a guy who was walking by as I was on my street with my dogs. He was very cute and he smiled directly at me and I was too shy to smile back or hold his gaze. Deb was incredulous. Montrealers are generally very friendly. I'm sure all he needed was a little encouragement and I couldn't even give him that.

This was the second time that I shared a moment with a hot stranger. I'm seriously going to try not to let another prospect walk by without at least smiling back. I need to be proactive as opposed to reactive if I ever hope to go out with someone I'm actually interested in.

2 Comments:

Blogger monkeylogique said...

You mean after all these dates you still found no one of interest? What happened to that "boy toy" you were raving about?

3/12/2006 2:04 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

Abercrombie Boy Toy went back to his home town and Boy Toy #2 hasn't been able to hold my interest.

I can't remember the last time I actually looked forward to a date. Probably some time last August :(

3/12/2006 5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home