Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I've Lost My Mojo

My blogging mojo, that is. I just didn't want to bore what little audience I had left with more tales from the dating crypt - as entertaining as some have been - without some kind of lesson learned. Every time I was about to sit down and bang out a post I'd go out and have another story or anecdote to tell so I kept banking them up and now I don't know where to begin or end.

My pal Yellow Gal recently pondered the merits of younger men. I admit that I too tend to judge them very harshly, even though I just met two 23 year olds who were more mature and well-traveled than their more-weathered counterparts. At the same time they are sweet and a little unsure of themselves. In short, rather refreshing. 23 isn't that young anyway, relatively speaking. It's not like I'm 23 and he's 18. So I've decided to give Boy Toy #2 a shot at wooing me.

In contrast, one of my neighbors stopped by to ask me out the other night. He's probably about 43 and had been flirting with me for the last year. Actually, I'd been having a hard time seeing him "that way" since I'd never dated anyone that much older and was surprised that he finally got up the nerve to ask me out. I agreed to have dinner with him tomorrow night.

A friend of mine pointed out that this man will be the third guy on my block to ask me out. Awkward. I can't leave my place without bumping into someone. I met a lot of people last year and 2006 has been absolutely frenzied so far, thanks in part to some matchmaker friends. I've put a few prospects on stand-by as I evaluate my current candidates, thereby ensuring that I'll not be going through a dry spell anytime soon. Talk about putting the Man in Management.

Jay and I saw one another again. I still think the risk is low of any romantic feelings developing, though its normal for there to be some emotions involved. He doesn't ask me about the other people in my life and I don't either. I plan on reverting to our platonic friendship once his wannabe-girlfriend comes back in a few weeks. She's in love with him even though she knows he's doesn't want a relationship. Don't want to get in the middle of that. Or am I already there?

1 Comments:

Blogger bb said...

"A 23 year old and a 43 year old. How perverse."

If you do the math you get: 43/2+7= 28.5 years old. I like math so take it for what you will. In anycase, good luck.

BB

3/01/2006 8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home