Friday, March 17, 2006

Blind Date

I hope not literally, although he could be cause I know nothing about him other than his name and the fact that he works with my friend MC, who'd shown him my picture and suggested that we hook up. And I've no idea what criteria she used to determine that we might be suited for one another because I haven't talked to her since. He called and asked me out for tonight. I felt it'd be rude to ask for a picture at that point so I just accepted, thinking that I'd manage to reach MC before the date itself. Now here we are, hours away from The Unveiling and she still hasn't gotten back to me.

Reasons I'm giving myself for going on this blind date:

1) I can say I've been on a real blind date.
2) I had nothing better to do tonight.
3) I'll have something to write about tomorrow.
4) He can't be a beast. Why would MC set me up with Moleman?
5) I trust MC who has relatively the same taste in men. (She's married.)
6) He could be a hottie.
7) I can suffer through a drink or two if he's not.
8) He knows what I look like so he's under more pressure than I am.
9) I know where MC lives and can kidnap her children if this turns out to be the date from hell.
10) I've got nothing to lose.

So here goes nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home