Monday, August 28, 2006

100th Post

It's ironic that my landmark 100th post on my dating blog should be about my need for a hiatus from dating. I'm on vacation this week in more ways than one. The entire month of August has been really stressful at work as I attempted to prove my worth in order to land a very challenging new job, which I'm proud to say I did get. I'm taking a much-needed break this week before my new role begins but then it's full steam ahead. I'm terrified of failure but also excited about the possibilities.

I've noticed an on-going inverse relationship between my personal and professional lives. That is, when one is going really well, the other is faltering in one way or another. I've had a great time going out and meeting people in the last year and a half but was beyond miserable at work. Now the instant things start looking up career-wise I'm suffering some major setbacks in my love life. I want to stop this vicious cycle and think that it's probably just a matter of perspective. I've been given an amazing opportunity at work and I shouldn't let whatever shortcomings I perceive in my personal life to bring me down.

After last weekend I decided to switch gears and stop obsessing over my personal relationships, stop tring to make thing happen and instead just go with the flow. I've kept a diary since I was 9 years old and looking back it's clear that I've always been a little boy crazy. I even told Jay that he'd have to settle with being just friends without the benefits. I want my life to be about more than just relationships or lack thereof. I'm two weeks away from my birthday and I want my 28th year to be even better than my 27th. I'm hoping to make and see some positive changes starting...now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home