Friday, July 14, 2006

The Spice Of Life

I thought it was funny that the same day fellow blogger Yellow Gal sat in her doctor's office I was sitting in mine, pondering my actions over the last year and a half. I'm happy to say that save for one person I have no regrets over the people I've let into my life and/or my...arms.

Even before I set out on this journey of being single I never equated a person's number of partners with sexual experience, and prowess even less so. I agree with Yellow Gal that, depending on how open-minded and adventurous you are of course, you can experience far greater things in a long term relationship than you would in a series of one night stands. I'll admit though that I used to use the word 'slut' a lot more liberally and less discriminatingly than I do now, not because I think I am one but because I came to understand that it's more about your motivations when entering into a situation than the situation itself.

I was very conscious, coming out of my long term relationship, that I wanted to stay single and play the field a little or a lot as the case may be. Variety for variety's sake. Now, 17 months later I can certainly say that I achieved what I set out to achieve and that it's time to change gears once again. Sex with different people under different circumstances may be fun and novel but indeed nothing beats sex with someone you really care about and/or within the context of a relationship. Lots of sex without any intimacy loses its charm real quick. This is not to say that I'm taking a vow of celibacy but I think I've enough experiences under my belt (no pun intended) at this point and am not just looking for a good time anymore. Ironically, a "good time" is never all that good when I just don't care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home