Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Don't Cry

A friend stopped by to see me at the beginning of last week. She knew I hadn't had the best end to my weekend and came over to chat for a while. I looked like death but it was more because I'd partied until at least 4am Friday through Sunday. She must have thought otherwise cause as she left she nodded her head sympathetically and said, "Don't cry," having spent her own Saturday doing just that. "I won't," I quickly reassured her and meant it. Circumstances may have gotten me down recently but if there's one thing I can say it's that I haven't shed a single tear over any guy I met in the last year. To weep is humbling and I refuse to be humbled by a jackass. They don't deserve our tears, I tried to explain to her, not unless they're tears of pity, in which case we should cry 'em a river.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home