Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Chocolat

A friend of mine told me that she has to have chocolate at least once a week. She said she'd go crazy if she didn't get her weekly chocolate fix. I like chocolate - usually of the milk variety: Ferrero Rocher, a KitKat break every now and then - but crave it? I can't say I crave it on a regular basis.

On a date a few weeks ago my date offered me chocolate and seemed amused when I declined. I explained that although I liked it I didn't need it like some people do. "You must get enough sex," he responded with a smile. I laughed and nodded in agreement but his comment made me think about the link between sex and chocolate.

They say chocolate stimulates the release of endorphins into our system, as does sex, which contributes to feelings of euphoria and relaxation. I suppose it's possible then that someone who lacks sex might crave chocolate. It certainly applies to my aforementioned chocoholic friend who has not had any sexual contact with the opposite sex in ages.

Another friend of mine admitted that she has recently developed a craving for chocolate and that this sudden desire does seem to coincide with her sexual abstinence. It's an interesting idea...

Women crave chocolate more than men but maybe it's because men indulge in more self-love on a daily basis, thereby more frequently enjoying the effects of those much-sought-after endorphins. Now before women all make a bee-line for their Rabbits/ Pocket Rockets/ Hitachi Magic Wands, I'll add that apparently laughter also releases endorphins. OK, so maybe rolling on the floor laughing isn't quite as appealing as a good roll in the hay but hey, unlike good sex, good chocolate or a good laugh should be easy to find.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home