Monday, September 04, 2006

Birds of a Feather

It's funny how things have a way of coming back full circle. Back in January at the end of this post I mentioned that my friend Sandy intended to introduce me to her friend T, who is of my ethnic background. And although I met T not long afterwards an official date was never arranged because I was told he "doesn't date Asians", which was fine by me since I wasn't exactly an Asiaphile myself. I ended up going on a couple outings with T's friend Jon instead but that didn't result in anything.

To make a long story short T and a friend came out with Sandy and I a few weeks ago. Perhaps it was the low/no pressure situation or maybe I'd had one too many drinks but I found myself slightly interested in T. Even more surprisingly Sandy told me the next day that Mr. I-don't-date-Asians had also seemed interested in me. Fast forward a month and four group outings later and here I am with my first date with T on Thursday night. (So much for my dating hiatus!) I'm a bit wary of my attraction to T. Having never dated an Asian guy before I'm afraid that my interest might suddenly wane at an inopportune moment and leave us in an awkward position. But I'm just overthinking things as usual.

Objectively T is one cool cat (in fact, my parents would probably consider him a "bad boy", which admittedly ups his appeal). I can't believe he's of the same ethnicity. He's the first Asian guy that I've been attracted to but whether or not this will translate into sexual attraction remains to be seen. Maybe a part of me wants to give him a chance because we're of the same "flock" and I'm actually not repulsed by the thought of kissing him. We'll see what happens when and if that situation presents itself (yikes!). How humourous that it'll be a "first" for both of us. I hope we don't disappoint. You know what they say about us Asians, lol.

2 Comments:

Blogger StereoQueenBee said...

Interesting blog - glad I discovered it... Where are you located?

9/05/2006 8:33 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

We do it better ;)

9/07/2006 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home