Thursday, October 05, 2006

Almost Famous

My new job in Communications is the bomb. There have been some hiccups along the way due to my excessive fear of failure and lack of self-confidence but so far I think I've delivered on my projects and have even garnered some praise and recognition in the process. Someone I met recently told me that he'd googled me and found links to my work, which I was really excited about.

At the same time I'm scared senseless. This latest career move means that I finally have clear deadlines, responsibilities and accountabilities, and because it's also in the corporate world I'm moving from behind-the-scenes to the forefront and I'm not entirely sure I'm ready for it. I don't know what happened to the girl who used to compete and win in public speaking. I haven't seen her in at least six years but hopefully she's just been hibernating and will soon wake up refreshed, revived and ready to go. God, I hope so.

The only other problem is that I'm not "officially" part of the team yet. I've only been on loan since June and am currently awaiting my fate. I dread going back to my old group (AKA Go Straight To Jail, Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect $200) but if that happens, c'est la vie, I'll try not to let it get me down. I'm just aware that my new job is truly challenging and stimulating and not many people can say that. It's stressful working in limbo like this. So close and yet so far, so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home