Monday, October 02, 2006

The Drugs Don't Work

Is it true what the song says? Do they just make you worse? It certainly seemed to be the case for me this past weekend. I'd had a particularly rough week at work and was really looking forward to getting wasted and enjoying my weekend. I guess I didn't realize just how physically exhausted I was because a mere four drinks (albeit strong ones, slammed back one after another) into Friday night and I was pretty much a goner.

Thankfully I didn't get sick but woke up the next morning with a splitting pain in my head and an almost bigger pain in my heart at the less-than-flattering first impression I must have made on the people I was introduced to the night before. I must have asked this one dude what his name was at least five times, so much so that he jokingly threatened to walk away. For the record, his name was Kenny.

I know "you don't need drugs and alcohol to have a good time" (groan) but they sure make having fun a helluva lot easier. It'd be great if they weren't needed to attain altered states of consciousness. It'd be even great if I didn't want or need an escape from reality. I suppose it is getting old pretty fast, as am I. The drugs don't work like they used to but that probably means it's time to stop looking to them to do the job.

2 Comments:

Blogger Meowkaat said...

Good gawd i know what you mean. i am always looking at people who seem to be having a GREAT fricking time in life, and I think...are they doing that without chemicals? Nah... they must be taking something... poor cynical me.
Nice to find another cat out here.
:)

10/04/2006 11:43 AM  
Blogger Cat said...

Everyone's always on something, it seems. And if not, they should be. They'd be a lot more fun to be around :)

10/04/2006 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home