Sunday, November 27, 2005

3 Out Of 5 Bachelors Agree...

Phil, the host of the Speed Dating event, called me this evening to inform me of the results from last evening. Apparently (only?!) 12 out of the 20 men showed an interest in me, including the three that I'd selected. As previously indicated I hadn't actually said YES to anyone but I'd felt guilty for not choosing anyone so before leaving I'd scribbled down the names of my three MAYBE's, not really thinking that they'd also choose me (why not? I'm fabulous!). Well, guess what? They did.

Oh, the Horror...To be honest, I don't even remember who these gentlemen are: Michel B., Christian D., and Sam A. (shoulda taken better notes), but I'm sure they were the best of the bunch as I was quite merciless with my NO's and stingy with my MAYBE's. But Maybe is far from being a Yes so I probably shouldn't have put their names down unless I was really interested in seeing them again because they might just call me. And if they do, I might just have to go out with them. I mean, I can't well explain that I'd bumped their status from Maybe to Yes out of sport and obligation, can I? I'd be making a mockery of the entire sacred speed dating process.

Kay said the guys were losers and was insulted that we didn't make it onto everyone's list. She cracks me up sometimes. She was smart enough to tell Phil today that she didn't want him giving her contact information to her mutual matches so she's off the hook. Unfortunately, I'm not, but perhaps no one will take the next step and actually contact me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home