Thursday, November 03, 2005

Big Brother Is Watching

A couple in a parked car called out to me as I was walking my dogs the other night. "Look threatening," I mumbled to my boys as I warily approached the vehicle. They wagged their behinds happily in response. Attack dogs they are not. Anyway, I came up to the open window and saw a small hispanic or perhaps middle eastern woman behind the wheel beside her huge black male passenger. They looked "normal" enough, whatever that means. The woman said something that I didn't catch.

"Sorry, what?" I asked (in french).

"Do you know a Big Brother?" Big Brother? I looked at her monstrous companion. Was this a trick question? Were they recruiters for Big Brothers Big Sisters of America? Somehow I doubted that.

"Uh..." I was confused.

"Where can we find a Big Brother?"

"We're not from around here..." the woman explained.

All of a sudden it clicks. I understand what they're looking for but don't know who they can call.

"Sorry, can't help you," I said, and started to walk away. Several other pedestrians passed but none were stopped. I looked down at myself, amusedly wondering why they thought I was "in the know."

Oh yeah. Who's baaaad.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So wait, where is Big Brother?

11/04/2005 2:41 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

Heh heh, I think they were probably looking marijuana, AKA the green, dope, bud, herb, weed, pot, grass :)

11/04/2005 3:01 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

Who knows? You could be right. If I'm totally off base and Big Brother is someone other than your friendly neighborhood supplier then someone please enlighten me!

11/04/2005 3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home