Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A League of Their Own

Is it just me or does everyone categorize attractive members of the opposite sex as "attainable" and "unattainable"? It's almost like what one would do with movie stars: Wentworth Miller? Totally hot but to actually be the one dating him? Inconceivable.

I think I have relatively good self-esteem but is it really so if I still consider some guys "out of my league"? What exactly does this imply and how often is it actually true? Do even the most brilliant, successful, gorgeous people feel they aren't good enough sometimes?

To my surprise, I was twice mistaken in the last week when two such "unattainable" men expressed an interest in me first. In fact, my date with one of them went quite well last night and the other I'm supposed to see on Sunday. It makes me wonder how many other Major Leagers could have been mine if only I'd been confident enough to make my own interest known.

A friend advised me to begin correcting this problem by going after what I really want - not just the ones I think I can get but especially the ones I think I can't. If what happened this week is any indication a whole other caliber of potential partners could be on the horizon...

3 Comments:

Blogger Pynchon said...

If my opinion means anything, I think your friend is right. Who dares wins and all that.

6/28/2006 6:40 PM  
Blogger bava said...

Nothing ventured, nothing gained?

Settling, or just setting your sights low, is bad business for everyone. Good luck playing in a new league?

6/29/2006 12:37 PM  
Blogger Amelie said...

I definately think this is a female thing. Guys have no concept of 'unattainable', they just go for what they want. We should do the same!

7/19/2006 1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home