Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Love-Love

I thought I'd try my hand at a game where "love" has a slightly different meaning. I've decided to register for tennis lessons, twice a week, starting next Monday. I even went so far as to buy myself a racket and a can of balls this afternoon before I could wimp out and change my mind. Mind you, I still have to walk over to the park and actually sign up/pay but I plan on doing that before the weekend.

I think it'll do me a world of good to get out there, get active, and give myself something different to think about. It's too easy to settle into a routine where you forget to challenge yourself or experience new things so despite my apprehension (and a good dose of laziness) I'm going to march out onto that tennis court and give it my all. I pray that I won't be a total clutz and embarrass myself, especially not if my instructor's a hottie. Sorry, old habits die hard.

I gave myself permission to do nothing but live my life for the last year, which has been an experience in itself. The last thing I wanted to do was detract from its significance by introducing too many things. I didn't want to overwhelm myself and I think that could easily have happened. There were lots of things I wanted to do last year that I couldn't get around to doing - like taking tennis lessons - but that seem more feasible now. It was just too much too soon but I think it's finally time to get the ball rolling (bouncing?) again.

This year I'd like to pursue more hobbies (and drinking, smoking, and dancing don't count. Well...maybe the dancing part.) Thankfully I discovered blogging toward the end of last year so that was great. Aside from tennis I'd like to take a jewelry-making class, something else I've been meaning to do for a while, and get back to the gym and try to reclaim the bod I sported circa January 2004. I'd like to be 3-5 pounds lighter by the end of summer. Hopefully tennis will help me achieve that goal.

But fear not, dear friends, I haven't given up on dating and mating. I think this summer will open up new doors and bring about many new adventures for me, which, of course, you'll hear all about. Hopefully the game will be exciting both on and off the court!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home