Saturday, January 07, 2006

As If Things Weren't Complicated Enough...

Talk about things happening when you least expect them to...I met someone really interesting last night. (How did I suddenly go from dismally few prospects to this? I swear I'm no ho, yo!!) Drew's flying back to BC today so I joined the gang last night for a Farewell party. There I met J, someone Drew's known and talked about for the last ten years so it was nice to finally put a (very cute) face to a name. We fell into conversation and hit it off almost immediately. Sparks were definitely flying. This is what it's supposed to be like, I thought.

All I'm going to say is that we had a really nice time and got to spend some time alone together. I'd really like to see him again and hope to hear from him soon. Drew called this morning to tell me that J had sent him a text message after I left last night saying, "Cat's great. Thanks, man." I was tickled pink to hear that but it could be meaningless. Since then I've been walking around in a daze, with a stupid grin plastered on my face, thinking about last night.

I'm not sure what's going to happen with The Boy who I do care about and who I'm supposed to see tomorrow. At this point I'm not expected to choose or anything because J and I aren't even dating and who knows whether we ever will. Even if we did, I don't know how successful we'd be. The Boy and I have much more in common and are more suited to one another but unfortunately the chemistry isn't quite right. I wish I was as excited about The Boy as I am about J. It was nothing J did or didn't do or how he looked or didn't look. It was just so.

As interested as I am in dating J I dread hearing that he feels the same way because that means I'll have to make a decision. I'm pretty sure I know what I want but as sure of myself as I think I am I'm terrified of making the wrong choice. Another part of me is hoping that I won't hear from J again so that I don't have to hurt The Boy. For now, I'll do my best to forget about J. It's way too early to see him as a real threat anyway, right?

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Cat, I have a lot to say about all of this, because of experiences I've had. Just not sure if I want to put it all down here.
Email me if you want to chat.
If not, thats cool too. Hope you had a great vacation! At least one of us got to get away!

1/07/2006 8:46 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

Looking forward to your advice, OG.

Anyone else with thoughts on my predicament are free to comment. I wouldn't be writing about it if I weren't looking for input!

1/07/2006 11:08 PM  
Blogger slurp! said...

I suspose you STILL aren't having a close relationship (i.e going steady) with boy yet right? So I don't see any complication in seeing both.

I guess honesty is the best policy. tell both that you are seeing the other as well. And see things will work out?!!

Cheers!

1/11/2006 5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home