Wednesday, March 22, 2006

It's Raining Men

Hallelujah. OK, so it's more like a flood of biblical proportions. I'm thrilled, if a little confused. I mean, is it normal for one's social life to be so busy? And why me? Why now? Not to sell myself short or anything - obviously I'm a lovable gal - but it's so extreme that I have to ask myself whether it's happening for a reason. It follows years of loneliness and isolation during which my identity and self-esteem were non-existent. Was this what I was missing all along? Or am I just ready for it now? What am I supposed to learn and take away from these experiences?

The culmination of occurrences last night left me reeling. Sandy was over when at 8:50pm my phone rang. It was Blind Date. (I love that feeling - when you've really given up on someone and they call.) At 9:15 Sandy's friend Jon arrived. I'd met him on Saturday and he'd asked her about me so she invited him to join her at my place. 15 minutes later my phone rang again. It was Tim, a guy with whom I'd had dinner the night before. 20 minutes later my phone rings again! It was (potential stalker) Pat, who I thought I'd gotten rid of for good. I let it go to voicemail. Then just when I thought things couldn't get any more bizarre I got an email from The Boy, whom I hadn't spoken to in a while.

The number of people I've met, particularly in the last few months, has been pretty overwhelming, and there are still others I haven't even mentioned. Clearly not all are prospective boyfriends. I'd even go so far as to say I'm not interested in any romantically but maybe the point is for me to just have fun. Make new friends. Make up for lost time. Gain the confidence I was lacking so that I won't ever get stuck in an unhappy relationship again because I think no one else will love me. Sandy says she doesn't believe I used to live the miserable life I describe. Maybe I deserve this. Hell, I deserve this. I don't know how long it'll last but I'm going to enjoy every minute and not take it for granted cause who knows when the well will suddenly dry up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cat said...

Hey Nem! Hopefully your holiday helped you figure some things out in your personal/professional life? A vacation would be great right about now...

3/22/2006 12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home