Tuesday, November 01, 2005

November Rain

I've been in the doldrums lately. Not sure if it was brought on by the changing seasons, fading daylight, or something else altogether. I had been riding high on a wave of positive energy for a while and have finally lost some of the wind in my sails. I'm not "depressed", cause it's not my style, but I do feel somewhat...deflated.

I tried to drown my sorrows in a good bout of shoe shopping today. I'll admit that it did give me a momentary high but at the end of the afternoon even hot new boots couldn't kick my blues to the curb. I had fun trying though.

I guess I've become a little disheartened by how fickle people are. Yes, that's the word, fickle. I don't think I'll ever get used to it.

And no, it's not PMS. Not unless PMS stands for Pensive Mental State.

5 Comments:

Blogger Frankie said...

Cat,

I also fall into a funk in the fall. I think it's the change in seasons.

I loved your do's and don'ts! And yes, I agree with the theory you posted in my blog...

ain't love a bitch?

11/01/2005 10:49 AM  
Blogger Cat said...

It is, Frankie, and sometimes you have to be one too.

I do hope that things work out between you and Brian so pls keep us updated!

11/01/2005 12:04 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I'm with ya Cat. I think there is something about it getting dark so early that brings me down.

11/01/2005 7:09 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

Aw, thanks guys :) I'm feeling better today. As they say "And this too shall pass."

It's funny how we're ALL 27. I always thought that 27 was so...mature, but now that I'm here I see how much more I have to learn!

11/02/2005 10:21 AM  
Blogger slurp! said...

Cat,
awww ... not even your 2 adorable boys could help chase away your blues? talk to them, you might feel better.

and guess what, I just broken my day old new camera. At least you still got your shoes to play with while I have to send it back for repair :(

See! you are (at least) much better then me. :)

11/02/2005 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home