Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Me Tarzan, You Jane

How can men be such p*ssies without actually having 'em? Pardon my french but the male species have been the cause of major frustration lately. I often feel like I'm back in high school where the men are still boys and as boys are incapable of making any kind of bold move. And by "move" I mean anything from the simple act of calling a girl, to asking her out, to (good heavens!) kissing her at the end of the evening, and beyond. This passivity is maddening.

I think the Guy Who Makes The First Move is quickly becoming extinct and is being replaced by the Guy Who Waits For You To Make A Move or the Guy of the Half-Assed Moves, neither of whom I find particularly desirable. Look, I totally sympathize with the Fear Of Rejection but confidence is a very sexy and increasingly rare quality. Anyway it seems men are unable to make a move even when the women are - as far as we're concerned - obviously receptive. Shy can be sweet for a while, and then it just plain sucks.

I can honestly say that I've had to make the first move (and practically all subsequent moves) with the last five guys I've dated, even when it was clear that they liked me. This includes the policeman who could carry a loaded gun everyday but couldn't summon up the courage to kiss me. I'm not suggesting men go out and club women over the head and drag them unconscious to their caves but I personally find a well-timed brutish move kinda hot. I wish one or two of the guys currently hovering uncertainly around me would just swing by on a vine and whisk me off into the trees.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

With me being shy, its really hard for me to make the first move, so I can totally sympathize with you. That is always something that has driven me nuts. I can throw out signals all day...and nothing.
Damn wimps.

1/25/2006 4:36 PM  
Blogger monkeylogique said...

RIGHT *BUT* maybe you forget that we live in the repressive age of paranoia over sexual harassment, political correctedness, and gender "equality". ALSO, however obvious women think they are about the signals they send, they are simply usually *NOT* obvious enough. You must SPELL OUT your interest SO clearly that it will be obvious to the blind (visually impaired sorry).

Though naturally it's up to the guy to take a chance and make a move but these days a bold, brash move (if ill calculated) might be received with cries of RAPE!

Plus, you're in Canada for God's sake. You know how damn polite Canucks are! HAHA!

When I was reading your first date rules, I couldn't help but think MAN I SO want to break a few of those rules!! The date you describe would likely be pleasant enough but a bit TOO polite I think...

1/25/2006 4:38 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

Equality or Laziness? And I'm not talking about coming onto random strangers here - I mean women that you're already dating. To be honest I (and the girl friends I've polled on this topic) wouldn't want to bother with some dude with whom I need to spell out anything. Blind in the bedroom is not something I'd overlook :)

1/25/2006 7:51 PM  
Blogger monkeylogique said...

Oh well if you're ALREADY in the bedroom... Then yeah, I'd think the signals should have already been read by then...

HOWEVER when it comes to making the first move from scratch (strangers meeting for the first time) do not discount the effect of the social climate whe're currently living under. We constantly hear ALL about the INDEPENDENT woman (career minded, don't need no one blah blah blah) Pretty much leaving blokes not knowing what the hell is expected of them anymore! So what do they do? They sit on their hands like idiots for fear of offending (?)...

That being said, speaking for myself, I don't believe in all that crap and I'm almost always making the first move. Guess I'm old fashion (?)... I DID love it though when YOU came and proposed to me! :))) That was SWEET!

Loving you!

1/26/2006 5:58 AM  
Blogger Cat said...

Y'think? I've had more platonic sleepovers than I care to remember.

We gals are making it too easy on men by being the aggressor. I don't mind playing that role some of the time but this is getting ridiculous!

1/26/2006 6:13 PM  
Blogger monkeylogique said...

Right, well, if a guy can't (or won't) make a move in the bedroom then there's something seriously wrong that has certainly nothing to do with "social politics"...

Care to share more details about such fruitless sleepovers? Any unusual circumstances? Were these boyfriends, brand new dates etc.? Something's not right...

1/27/2006 4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home