Friday, January 27, 2006

Pre-emptive Strike

Yesterday my neighbor Claus invited me to the launch of a book that he and his live-in girlfriend Lise co-edited, featuring stories of "raunchy sex, heartbreaking romance, and strange fantasies." I don't know what's more disturbing, the thought of Claus and Lise talking about "raunchy sex", engaging in it, or (shudder) both. Apparently they're both published writers of short fiction. Erotica, people, Erotica! I never woulda guessed it, they're so unassuming.

The book launch is taking place a day after my friend's Joy Toyz Party, which is like a Tupperware party but for today's naughty Independent Woman (the shoes on my feet, I bought it, the clothes I'm wearin' I bought it, the rock I'm wearin' I bought it, cause I depend on me). I've invited three of my own girlfriends to "come along". Toyz. No Boyz. Watch this space for pictures and video clips of our wild night. Yeah, right.

Both of these events are strategically scheduled in the days preceeding Valentine's Day 2006. The logic here is that armed with a Hitachi Magic Wand and a copy of erotic short fiction us single gals should be able to happily "ride out" this dreaded holiday sans hommes, giving the V in V-Day a whole new meaning.

6 Comments:

Blogger bava said...

Men don't get anything half as exciting, toy-wise. Or at least, they all seem much more perverse that what is offered women, and certainly don't do anything for me. The idea of lots of girls having a toys and erotic lit party, on the other hand ...

Ha!

Well, it sounds like you're lining up to have a good Valentine's Day, one way or another. Who knows, maybe one of those guys will get some guts. Valentine's Day tends to facilitate that, sometimes.

Have fun!

1/27/2006 3:53 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

And you'd know about these boy toyz how? :)

1/27/2006 6:16 PM  
Blogger bava said...

By the way, "ride out" is just awful. I mean, I'm a giant fan of wordplay, so I wholly approve. But that's terrible. :)

As for the boy toyz, I'm a modern guy, in touch with my sexuality. I'm not too shy to say that I've checked to see what's available, but like I said before, nothing that really appealed to me. And some of them are totally creepy.

It definately seems to be a department where girls can have more fun. By themselves, anyway.

1/27/2006 7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be on the lookout for the Rabbit, by Vibratex (as lauded on "Sex & the City"). I haven't heard any complaints from fellow girlfriends!

1/28/2006 2:10 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I'm sorry, instead of the word "neighbor" in your first sentence, my brain read "mother". Needless to say, I was a bit shocked until I went back and reread. Then I was relieved.

I find these parties to be amusing to say the least. And they seem to be quite profitable as well.

Not that I'd know from experience...I swear.

1/29/2006 11:23 AM  
Blogger Cat said...

I thought Claus & Lise to be incapable or having sex, like my own parents!

This'll actually be my first party of this kind. I'll definitely let ya'll know how it went :)

1/29/2006 4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home